Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Melted bead fairy/wizard wand


Mr J has been turning his little sister and parents 'into a frog' with his teddy bear pencil. So today I thought this little wizard full of magic tricks deserves something better to cast his spells with. I found myself searching through the amazing http://www.artfulparent.com site and as usual found something brilliant.

So here goes, magic melted bead fairy/ wizard wands. First we gathered some lovely plastic beads, a mixed of transparent and opaque. Then we placed them inside fun shaped metal biscuit cutters on a tray covered with alfoil. I used the sandwich maker, outside, to melt the beads ( I was a bit concerned about the fumes).







I shifted the alfoil with cutters carefully onto the sandwich maker. It took about half an hour for the beads to melt, (just enough so they join together, you don't want them to bubble). I checked them continuously during this time, whilst the kids were playing outside. I then put them onto a table to cool. Once cooled (only a short time) they popped right off the alfoil and looked quite stunning in the sunlight!




 Now to attach the sticks. The coloured sticks were bought from a discount shop. I used a hot glue gun to do this.



And there we have it! I have since been turned into a frog, cow, cat, and lion!



,



No comments:

Post a Comment